Unless otherwise noted:
YLT: Bible verses are quoted from Young's Literal Translation
IGNT+: Bible verses are quoted from the Interlinear Greek New Testament with Strong's Numbers
NAB-A: New American Bible (1987) w/Apocrypha
KJV: Bible verses are quoted from Authorized King James Version
KJ3: Bible verses are quoted from Literal King James Version
KJC: King James Concordance (verses)
All Hebrew and Greek word research uses the following sources:
Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance -> Hebrew word definitions & Greek word definitions.
OT: Brown-Driver-Briggs -> Hebrew word definitions
Vine Complete Expository of Old Testament Words
NT: Thayer -> Greek word definitions
Vine Complete Expository of New Testament Words
In order to better understand the concepts that the inspired writers were proclaiming, Scriptures will be studied through the filter of the Greek and Hebrew word meanings (from Strong's Thayer and Vines) shining light through the fog of the English biased and erroneous translations and transliterations.
Words added by the translators (marked as, SUPPLIED) will be identified.
Acts 17:10-11 YLT
(10) And the brethren immediately, through the night, sent forth both Paul and Silas to Berea, who having come, went to the synagogue of the Jews;
(11) and these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, they received the word with all readiness of mind, every day examining the Writings whether those things were so;
1 Corinthians 2:1-2 YLT
(1) And I, having come unto you, brethren, came—not in superiority of discourse or wisdom—declaring to you the testimony of God,
(2) for I decided not to know any thing among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified;
Proverbs 3:5-7 YLT
(5) Trust unto Jehovah with all thy heart, And unto thine own understanding lean not.
(6) In all thy ways know thou Him, And He doth make straight thy paths.
(7) Be not wise in thine own eyes, Fear Jehovah, and turn aside from evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 NAB-A
(21) Test everything; retain what is good.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 YLT
(16) every Writing is God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that is in righteousness,
(17) that the man of God may be fitted—for every good work having been completed.
1 John 1:1-10 YLT
(1) That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we did behold, and our hands did handle, concerning the Word of the Life—
(2) and the Life was manifested, and we have seen, and do testify, and declare to you the Life, the age-during, which was with the Father, and was manifested to us—
(3) that which we have seen and heard declare we to you, that ye also may have fellowship with us, and our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ;
(4) and these things we write to you, that your joy may be full.
(5) And this is the message that we have heard from Him, and announce to you, that God is light, and darkness in Him is not at all;
(6) if we may say—'we have fellowship with Him,' and in the darkness may walk—we lie, and do not the truth;
(7) and if in the light we may walk, as He is in the light—we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son doth cleanse us from every sin;
(8) if we may say—'we have not sin,' ourselves we lead astray, and the truth is not in us;
(9) if we may confess our sins, stedfast He is and righteous that He may forgive us the sins, and may cleanse us from every unrighteousness;
(10) if we may say—'we have not sinned,' a liar we make Him, and His word is not in us.